Worm composting questions about Single bins and dog poop
I am interested in purchasing a single worm bin, I just need some clarity on a few points.
1) How will I extract the vermicompost as I don't see a door or something similar around the bottom, or would I be required to empty the whole system, remove the compost and restart it?
2) Will the compost be safe to use on vegetables etc if I use it to process dog poop?
3) How long will it be before the system is at peak performance and how much poop will it be able to process?
1. Yes once the bin is full with processed worm castings you have to empty it and separate the worms from the castings. This is not very difficult and only happens every few months.
2. The safeness of the worm castings from Dog poop is a topic that is debated by many. Some say you shouldn't use it others don't see a problem. I personally think that worm castings from dog poop are still a better choice than chemical fertilizers.
3. Under ideal conditions the compacta should be running flat out after about 6 month.
If you have further questions go to our webpage www.worm-composting-help.com
It's loaded with information and you can upload pictures and raise questions there online.